Competition tasks are divided into two levels:
- Level 1: Control and Perception Fundamentals
- Level 2: Control and Perception Integration
Level 1 tasks are designed to test fundamental control and perception capabilities in isolation, whereas level 2 tasks require multiple control and perception capabilities to be exercised in combination.
For a detailed description of competition tasks, please see the VORC Competition and Task Descriptions document.
VORC scoring is inspired by the low-point system used in sailboat racing. Teams receive a task rank for each task, and the final competition score is the sum of all task ranks. Further details are available in the VORC Competition and Task Descriptions document.
The VORC Technical Guide describes elements of the competition that are common across all tasks. These include:
- the robotic platform,
- sensor configuration,
- runs and environment envelopes,
- the application programming interface (API), and
- instructions for submitting your code for the competition.